8th INTERNATIONAL SECOND LANGUAGE PEDAGOGIES CONFERENCE (SLPC8)
University of Sherbrooke (Sherbrooke, QC)
“SECOND AND FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING AND LEARNING: CONTINUITIES AND SPECIFICITIES”
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN - PROGRAM STILL TO COME
Conference languages: English and French
The Research Group on Continuity of Reading and Writing Education at the University of Sherbrooke, in partnership with Bishop’s University, Cégep de Sherbrooke, and Agence universitaire de la Francophonie, cordially invites you to the 8th International Second Language Pedagogies Conference (SLPC8). The conference aims to explore innovative pedagogical approaches, research-informed practices and scholarly research focused on second/foreign language teaching and learning as they relate to current post-secondary education contexts. SLPC8 will provide a rich environment for exchanging successes, discussing challenges, and furthering collaboration opportunities related to the second and foreign language teaching and learning with a special focus on continuities and specificities of the field.
Topics that relate to continuities:
· Continuity in learning paths; prior learning experience and its impact; progression in learning path; lifelong learning
· Continuity between/amongst first language, second and foreign languages; plurilingual teaching; language awareness
· Continuity in learning contexts; formal and informal settings; learning in the community vs. in academia; experiential learning; pedagogy and innovations in the digital era
Topics that relate to specificities:
· Pedagogical approaches for teaching languages in current post-secondary settings
· Learners’ profile and teaching methods
· Learning objectives and outcomes; field-specific language courses; academic literacy and language teaching and learning; professional skill building and language learning
· Language teachers’ training for post-secondary settings
· Jean-Marc Defays, Professor, University of Liège (Belgium), President of International Federation of Teachers of French
· Katherine Rehner, Professor, University of Toronto Mississauga and Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (Canada)
· Miles Turnbull, Vice-Principal Academic Administration, Bishop’s University (Canada)
Various publication projects are envisaged for the subsequent dissemination of part of the works to be presented.
If you wish to contact the SLPC8 organizing committee, please write to email@example.com.
Olivier Dezutter (Université de Sherbrooke) - ChairmanKatia Aily de Camargo (Université fédérale du Rio Grande do Norte)Frédérique Arroyas (University of Guelph)Catherine Caws (University of Victoria)Jeroen Darquennes (Université de Namur)Simone Dantas-Longhi (Universidade Federal de Viçosa)Flavia Fazion (Centre de langues du Parana)Nicolas Guichon (Université Lumière-Lyon2)Corinne Haigh (Bishop’s University)Marie-Josée Hamel (University of Ottawa)Rosa Junghwa Hong (University of Toronto Mississauga)Sunny Man Chu Lau (Bishop’s University)Denis Liakin (Concordia University)Natallia Liakina (McGill University)Eliane Lousada (Universidade de São Paulo, University of Guelph)Laura Masello (Université de la République, Uruguay)Deborah Meunier (Université de Liège)Denise Mohan (University of Guelph)Stéphanie Nutting (University of Guelph)Émmanuelle Rassart (Université de Louvain)Julie Sykes (University of Oregon)Lynn Thomas (Université de Sherbrooke)Adelina Velázquez Herrera (Université autonome de Queretaro)
Rosa Junghwa Hong (University of Toronto Mississauga)Natallia Liakina (McGill University)Eliane Lousada (Universidade de São Paulo, University of Guelph)
Olivier Dezutter (Université de Sherbrooke) - ChairmanSophia Bello (University of Toronto)Ismail Bou Serdane (Université de Sherbrooke)Jan Sébastien Dion (Université de Sherbrooke)Adèle Gousset (Université de Sherbrooke)Rosa Junghwa Hong (University of Toronto Mississauga)Karine Lamoureux (Université de Sherbrooke)Sunny Man Chu Lau (Bishop’s University)Natallia Liakina (McGill University)Éliane Lousada (Universidade de São Paulo, University of Guelph)Denise Mohan (McGill University)Nancy Roy (Cégep de Sherbrooke)Lynn Thomas (Université de Sherbrooke)